video [was Re: I give up (at least for tonight)]

Datawolf datawolf@ibm.net
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 23:56:10 -0700

XFree86 4.0 is a big step in efficiency, as far as being able to access
the video hardware more directly.  You can read more at
http://www.xfree.org .

I suspect that xanim itself is not nearly as efficient as Window$ Media
Player.  I know that smpeg, an mpeg player that Loki is working on,
gained a lot of performance between the first time I downloaded it, and
now.

-BVG