A matter of etiquette

Joel Dudley joel@silverw.com
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 23:05:11 -0700

I have a strange question. I am sitting here setting up my linux box and
realize I would like some different hardware due to compatibility problems.
I have lots of stuff to trade, and who better to ask for Linux compatible
parts than your local LUG.  However, I dare not post hardware requests on
the PLUG mail list because I don't want to turn it into a commerce list.
What would be the best way for me to tastefully and respectfully make
apparent my desire to buy or trade for Linux hardware?  I have a lot of
respect for the list and want to make sure I don't offend anyone on it.
Thanks in advance for any insight on the matter.

- Joel

"For the scientist who has lived his life by faith in the power of reason
the story ends like a bad dream.  He has scaled the mountain of ignorance;
he is about to top its final peak, and he is met by a band of theologians
who have been sitting there for centuries."
                                                    - Dr. Robert Jastrow
                                            Goddard Space Flight Institute