Rubber Band Mouse!

Shawn T. Rutledge rutledge@cx47646-a.phnx1.az.home.com
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 16:28:32 -0700

On Sun, Apr 16, 2000 at 04:20:54PM -0700, Charles  Lubin wrote:
> I just install Caldera's OpenLinux 2.4....it was a real breeze, until! After
> the first complete shutdown my mouse(PS2 compatible/with wheel) now acts if
> its on a rubber band. The pointer goes to the upper right hand corner, you
> can move it out about 3 inches and boom back it goes. It seems that I recall
> reading something about this condition awhile back, but I'm unable to find
> my notes on subject. Any suggestions?

Assuming this is in X... it's using the wrong protocol.  Check your
XF86Config.  There should be a section like this:

# **********************************************************************
# Pointer section

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "PS/2"
    Device      "/dev/mouse"

on my system /dev/mouse is a symlink to /dev/psaux... if you haven't
done this then use psaux instead of mouse in the Device line.

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)          http://www.bigfoot.com/~ecloud  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org