JRE

Shawn T. Rutledge rutledge@cx47646-a.phnx1.az.home.com
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 14:13:37 -0700

On Sun, Apr 16, 2000 at 02:13:07PM -0700, Joel Dudley wrote:
> patience today.  I got so frustrated I am now going to type my paper in
> Office 97 on my Game Machine (please forgive me for my momentary weakness).

You should try LyX.  It's fast, and quite good for academic papers I
suspect.  It doesn't let you tweak everything as readily as MS Word
but tries to do the right thing on its own, and supports all the features
needed for papers - footnotes, bibliography, table of contents, mathematical
equations, etc.  I recommend going through the tutorial that comes with
it.

Of course an even geekier geek would bypass all the GUI stuff and write
TeX by hand.  :-)  I don't do that yet but might learn to eventually.

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)          http://www.bigfoot.com/~ecloud  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org