optimum partitioning / file directory setup .

Cyndi Cyndi" <cynidlogo@digitalf.com
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 12:13:56 -0700

The hardware is assembled for my Linux crash box.  Now I just have to
reconfigure the Linux installation.  Being a relatively inexperienced
Newbie, I'm unfamiliar with how and where to put my file/directories and
partitions.

I have a 1.2megbyte harddrive and an older 730 Mb harddrive to use for the
linux OS.  The 1.2mb drive is the fastest and newest of the two drives.  I
will be installing SuSE Linux 6.2 distribution and will host my website on
this box using a  DSL connection.

How much room in each partition do I need for Apache, Samba ,etc?

Everything I've read says to put /usr , /var, /opt in different partitions.
How should  I partition these harddrives and what files /directories
placements would optimize my linux install on these disks?

Thanks
FRED