GnuPG intro

Shawn T. Rutledge rutledge@cx47646-a.phnx1.az.home.com
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 14:54:44 -0700

On Sat, Apr 15, 2000 at 10:03:35AM -0700, Phillip Knauss wrote:
> > What is the name of the clone and does it interconnect with AOLIM (since
> > that's what my family uses....)?
>
> There are two that i've been using.  They are both available on
> www.freshmeat.com, and both seem to work pretty well.
>
> The first one is called gaim, and it is designed specifically for use on AOLIM,
> it has a nice interface, and offers just about all of the same features.
>
> The other one is called EveryBuddy.  It doesn't have file transfer (oh know,
> not that!) but it allows you to connect to AOLIM as well as Yahoo Messanger,
> and a few others.

Yeah, everybuddy has a lot of potential, but it's still very young and
buggy.  I use it sometimes.  It can also connect to ICQ, and I think
they're working on an everybuddy server as well.

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)          http://www.bigfoot.com/~ecloud  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org