Good Motherboards

Kevin O'Connor kevin_oconnor.geo@yahoo.com
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 23:18:41 -0700

I have AMI on several MB's and some report all of the ram and some
don't. I think that have to edit the (lilo.conf) file should not be your
first criteria when chosing a MB. You may find editing files a common
task with Linux.

Just a suggestion...

Kevin O

Kansir wrote:

> Ok so it looks like I have a crappy bios (AMI) in my motherboard and even
> after an update it still only shows 64 megabytes in linux and it posts all
> 256M in startup. I may soon get a better board but first things first. What
> type of board is there out there. That right out of the box Linux should see
> all the memory? Preferably one that is a Slot-A board? I mean I if I cram 768M
> load debian and see 768M(without editing a thing?)
>
> Icegryphon

Kevin O'Connor

"Waving away a cloud of smoke, I look up, and am blinded by a bright,
white
light. It's God. No, not Richard Stallman, or Linus Torvalds, but God.
In
a booming voice, He says: "THIS IS A SIGN. USE LINUX, THE FREE UNIX
SYSTEM
FOR THE 386."
(Matt Welsh)