Netmeeting through a linux Masq box

Donn Shumway dshumway@speedchoice.com
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 21:00:36 -0700

I found the following describing how to use autoforward. I have written a
script that runs these commands and another the reverse the forwarding. Have
not tested it yet but the link is at
http://www.tsmservices.com/masq/detailform.php3?132

Primary TCP connections:
This will allow what microsoft calls the 'Primary TCPConnections' to work.
This will allow such features as: applicationsharing, whiteboard, chat, file
transfer, and directory lookups.

ipmasqadm autofw -A -r tcp 389 389
ipmasqadm autofw -A -r tcp 522 522
ipmasqadm autofw -A -r tcp 1503 1503
ipmasqadm autofw -A -r tcp 1720 1720
ipmasqadm autofw -A -r tcp 1731 1731

You can make only outgoing calls. I have not tried incomming calls but itmay
work if you have previously connected to the same user.
Secondary TCP/UDP connections:
This will allow what microsoft calls the 'Secondary TCP and UDPConnections'
to work. This will allow such features as: audio and videoconferencing using
the H.323 protocol.

ipmasqadm autofw -A -r tcp 1024 65535
ipmasqadm autofw -A -r udp 1024 65535

I have also looked in all the How-To's and checked Microsoft's site and the
ports listed are identical to the ones listed above.

Still working on it.

Thanks,
Donn