Video conferencing for Linux?

Alan Gore agore@uswest.net
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 18:55:36 -0700

At 03:29 PM 4/12/00 -0700, you wrote:
>Anyone have any pointers?  What I'm really looking for is more of a
>real-time audio/video broadcast rather than interactive video
>conferencing.  For what we are looking for, irc should would work for
>discussion on what's being broadcast.

I faced a similar problem: I'm collaborating with a group of clients located
in several different countries who use Microsoft NetMeeting for audio
conferencing and screen sharing. I run a LAN of Windows systems that share a
DSL link through a RH6.1 firewall. It's a wonderful system, except that the
firewall will not run NetMeeting without H.323 support. So far I have no
idea when H.323 will be supported in Linux 2.2 kernels. So when I run
NetMeeting right now I have to bypass the firewall and temporarily change
the NetMeeting machine over to DHCP operation.