dual network cards

Joel Dudley joel@silverw.com
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 17:14:02 -0700

A newbie at my wits end!!   Here is what I did.  I installed red hat with
the server option, thus I have no X.  I put two Linksys NICs into the
system, but red hat setup did not detect them and set them up.  I know they
use tulip.o  which is located in my /lib/modules/kernelversion/net
directory.  I tried to use linuxconfig from the CL, but to no avail.  I even
tried appending lilo.conf after doing a cat /proc/pci  to get the IRQ and IO
of the cards.  What is the easiest way for one to install network cards from
the CLI when setup does not detect them????  I also tried adding my owng
ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth1 to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts directory but
still no good.  Ahhh at least it is good that I have been humbled by this
problem.  Thanks in advance.

- Joel