Problem with Apache Web Server

Victor Odhner vodhner@primenet.com
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 22:15:27 -0700 (MST)

On Tue, 11 Apr 2000, Rick Rosinski wrote:
> Here is the error message from error_log.
>
> [Sun Apr  9 16:29:15 2000] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] malformed
> header from script. Bad header=An error occurred while perfor: /data/webmaster/homesite/cgi-bin/contents.cgi

This looks to me as if your CGI blurted out the following,
literally:
 "An error occurred while perfor:/data/webmaster/homesite/cgi-bin/contents.cgi"

... instead of emitting a proper header.  What software element
associated with your CGI would say "An error occurred while..."
In other words, I'm saying that "An error...cgi-bin/contents.cgi"
IS the "malformed header" that Apache is objecting to.

If you'll send me relevant portions of "contents.cgi", I'd be happy
to look it over for you.  (I just spent most of the day digging for
a really dumb CGI bug.  I was both successful and suitably humbled.)

Vic