I'm clueless

Kevin Brown kevin_brown@uswest.net
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 01:25:07 -0700

Ok, with some help (thanks Patrick) I was able to get past a few problems in
trying to get a program to compile.  I was able to connect to the CVS server for
this packet sniffing program.  For the past two days I've tried to figure this
out to no avail.  I tried searching Altavista and Google for similar errors to
see what fixes were tried.  No go, so ...

libEQ.a: could not read symbols: File format not recognized
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [showeq] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/showeq-2.1.2/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/showeq-2.1.2'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

I tried redownloading both the tar.gz file (since one of the developers noticed
a problem if Winzip was used) and the cvs version (to different directories) and
both end with this error.  The file is present, it is not in source format, just
the archive format (I think that is what .a files are).  So ..., Any clue.
--
"Intel giveth and Microsoft Taketh Away" - Gordon Moore