FW: [azipa] The correct box for Linux

Mark Peoples hondaman@mainex1.asu.edu
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 14:23:24 -0700

That's my plan too...I'm looking for an IBM Thinkpad 365XD (I wanted one
when it was top of the line about 3 years ago <g>) because I think it had
the right specs.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph T. Tannenbaum [mailto:tannenba@futureone.com]
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2000 2:21 PM
To: plug-discuss@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Cc: azipa@listbot. com
Subject: RE: FW: [azipa] The correct box for Linux

This is great advice---I have Redhat on a pentium 166 and run x windows
just fine.  A compile *could* go faster, but what the hey.  You know,
a great idea would be to put Linux on a used laptop-say a p100 with a
2 gig or so drive and 64-128mb of ram.  Anyone know what one of these
could be gotten for and where?

Joe