Getting DSL configured using Linux

Marc Thomson k0jack@netscape.net
7 Apr 00 09:30:21 MST

I had quite a few problems with DSL in Linux, so I hope I may be able to
help now that it's working. There are a couple of things you need to make
sure to get the connection going.

1. Ensure that the correct NIC driver is being used and assigned to to the
correct ethernet device. (most likely eth0).

2. Make sure your ISP has your MAC Address registered for your NIC. You
can find your MAC address by using ifconfig(in Red Hat...not sure about
Caldera) or by running winipcfg from Windows on the same machine. Call
your ISP and make sure they have it registered.

3. Make sure you have DHCPCD installed and running.

I hope some of these things help out.

Marc