Config Error

Kevin Brown kevin_brown@uswest.net
Thu, 06 Apr 2000 16:31:46 -0700

This is kinda linux related, kinda not.  I play a game under Win98 called
Everquest (EQ).  Someone created a packet sniffer for linux that will take the
EQ packets and break them down and display the info contained within (things
like what monsters are around, xp, faction, etc...).  Only one problem, I can't
get it to install.  Running ./configure brings up the following:

checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables

I have verified that gcc is installed at /usr/bin and I'm running the thing as
Root.  I read through the Readme and the install files, downloaded the needed
packages from RH 6.1 (currently running 6.0 Alpha with patches) like QT and
Qt-devel.  So, how do I allow gcc to make executables???  If you want to see the
Source for the program, go to http://www.hackersquest.gomp.ch/ and look at
ShowEQ.  Thx for any help.