X permissions

arson smith arsonsmith@hotmail.com
Thu, 06 Apr 2000 00:35:44 GMT

If i remember right XF86Setup doesn't use xwrappers by default
and is probly just putting a link from /usr/X11R6/bin/XF86_SVGA
to /usr/X11R6/bin/X and trying to run X.  xwrappers lets you run
your x server as a user otherwise you have to set XF86_SVGA (or
what ever server you are useing) as setuid root.  Try changing
it and see if it works.  Then look into how to install xwrappers
for secureity reasons.

Bill Warner