Hardware problems

Bob George plug@bobspc.fdns.net
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 16:08:06 -0700

Sorry if this shows up twice, my anti-spam measures seem to be tripping up
posting to this list...

"Mark R. Myers" <myers@fastq.com> wrote:

> Do you think the 1 128MB PNY PC100 DIMM could be screwing it up?

Have you overclocked the unit, or done any BIOS tweaking? If the memory
settings have been set for maximum performance, and the new RAM doesn't
quite tolerate them, you may have all sorts of problems. I'd suggest
spending some time with the BIOS manual and setting everything to fairly
conservative (slow) settings (after documenting them thoroughly) and seeing
if that helps. If it does, gradually work your way up until you find a set
of stable settings.

Of course, popping the original 2 back might be interesting...

Good luck!

- Bob