Workstations

Nathan Saper natedog@well.com
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 02:22:24 -0500 (CDT)

Comrades:

Hey, everybody, long time no see... how's everybody doin'?

OK, here's the deal: I'm gonna buy a workstation for general use (serving
up web pages, surfing the 'Net, apps development, etc.), and I'd love some
suggestions.  Right now, I'm heavily leaning towards a Sun Ultra 5, but
I'm not sure if I should leave good ole' X86.  I made one recent journey
out of PC land with my NeXTStation, and it turned out to be less than I
expected.  Of course, it is a pretty old machine...

I'm trying to keep the price fairly reasonable (below 5 grand if at all
possible), but I still want something that will be very useful for a long
time.  Any thoughts?

-Nathan

P.S. It must support both 10BaseT (for connecting to my NeXTStation) and
100BaseT (for connecting to my laptop and my network), and PC printer
support would be a plus.

--

Nathan Saper
natedog@well.com