RedHat 6.2

Craig White CraigWhite@AzApple.com
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 10:47:08 -0700

thanks for the offer & confirmation.

I downloaded again - this time from ftp.redhat.com (finally got thru) -
their bandwidth was pretty darn good...I ended up getting the 671Mb iso at
about 120Kbps in about an hour and a half. The revised Speedchoice (actually
now called Sprint Broadband) works much better than the original 2-way. One
of the interesting things that I have noticed though, I am using my linux
computer to masquerade the internet connection for my other computers.

I got the following results from MSN's bandwidth speedtests.
Netscape run from Linux computer - 1.7 Mbps
Netscape run from Windows 2000 computer (thru linux masq) - 1.2 Mbps
fast but a serious performance decrease...not sure that it's related to
Linux or Windows 2000. When I get a chance, I will try with a Macintosh and
a Windows 98 computer and log all the results for comparison. Oh and by the
way...lower level services such as telnet, ping etc have been greatly
improved. 8 days on the new equipment, I am very ecstatic with the
performance...finally.

I will try this newly downloaded image out.

Craig
- Craig White - PO Box 8634 - Scottsdale, Arizona - 85252
- e-mail address ................ - CraigWhite@AzApple.com
- world wide web address ........ - http://www.AzApple.com
- e-mail my pager address ....... - 6023779752@airtouch.net
- cellular phone ................ - (602) 377-9752
- voice/facsimile ............... - (480) 945-8445