[PLUG-Devel] Quick note - looks like November 1st meeting is canceled

Ed plug at 0x1b.com
Wed Oct 31 14:30:59 MST 2012

Hi All,

Since this isn't working, I would like to propose the PLUG Dev group
actually do development - a project - this project   But first some
ground rules:

1) PLUGdev develops free software - GPL3 if possible
2) PLUGdev develops for Linux based systems
3) PLUGdev uses free stuff - not just the dogfood thing, but also
that's all we can afford
4) PLUGdev upstreams - ie release is part of development - no tarballs
in the wind

Project #1 name TBD: Cheese plugin something QR something something

Develop a plugin for Cheese the Gnome Video application
(http://projects.gnome.org/cheese/) that reads QR codes and routes the
output via DBus to the appropriate and/or designated apps or XDG
designated file location.

you know - like all those smart phones

desktop environment: Gnome3
development language: Python
repository location: Github
Base Application: Gnome Cheese 3.6.0 released Tue, 25 Sep 2012
07:18:50 +0100 GPL2
Key Library: ZBar  http://zbar.sourceforge.net/   LGPL2.1
etc
etc

As a first development effort I think this isn't too big, but has a
lot of interesting pieces and could be useful - and if accepted back
into Cheese, it could be on most every Gnome3 desktop ...

So - I'll set up a Github project, if you want to participate get a
Github ID and at the December meeting we can add comiters and launch
the project.

so what do you think? want to play?
Ed