[PLUG-Devel] Phoenix Linux Security Team Schedule/Venue Change for 2011

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Thu Nov 18 14:23:21 MST 2010

Starting in January 2011, The Phoenix Linux Security Team will be moving to
Gangplankhq.com on every other Wednesday night, from 18:00 (6PM) to 21:00
(9:00).

We will be sharing the great Chandler Gangplank facilities with their
community crew for "HackNight" which is not really security specific.
For our security labs, we will setup our own Wifi as needed.
For our Presentations, we have smaller rooms as well as a new overhead
projector and audio.
We also have a great deal of equipment that has been donated that we can use
in the way of hubs for 802.3 networking.
For those of us with the ability to tether our 802.1 networks to a jail
broken device, for a socks proxy, we might setup '"external" network views
with ip forwarding to a hub for fun.

Everyone felt that this would allow more people to get a real team working
together.  While the distance to Chandler is prohibitive, we will still be
carpooling.  We also have the ability to demonstrate network specific things
and use backtrack for LIVE presentations, rather than being constrained by
the HIPPA compliant network at JCL.

We will no longer be using the facilities at John C. Lincoln Hospital's
Cowden Center in North Phoenix.
We will no longer be meeting on Saturday or Tuesday but the 1st and 3rd
Wednesday.

We really want to thank everyone over at Gangplankhq.com for allowing
community to florish!

--
Network Operations Center Engineer
Atjeu Hosting