[PLUG-Devel] mifi

Ed plug at 0x1b.com
Wed May 13 14:16:56 MST 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 12:18 PM, Mitch Frazier <mitch at linuxjournal.com> wrote:
>> the idea is to have a little hardware project that can be put
>> together at a couple meetings of the PLUGdevel er meeting..
>>
>> so simplicity, low to no cost, and hardware hacking are the
>> objectives - with that in mind, I've been collecting stuff about what
>>  folks are making with a little thing called the Gumstix - an Arm
>> based system.
>
> You might also take a look at the Beagleboard (http://beagleboard.org/),
> it's slightly larger board but includes more connectors, and it costs
> about the same as the Gumstix.
>
> You're looking at the Gumstix for a PLUG related project?

Mitch, and it is being used to prototype Maemo 5 - which has lots of fun stuff..

Matthew,

I would be very interested in hearing about which IDE you choose to do
your development (Spring B) and how you set up your distribution
(Winter B)  ..  ;)
actually, would you find a discussion on patching, a bit subversion
centric, but using the basix UNIX toolsets - maybe for the July
meeting?

Ed