[PLUG-Devel] OT: sourceforge or codeplex or googlecode for OSS hosting

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Mon Sep 15 18:17:43 MST 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 06:13:24PM -0500, Ted Gould wrote:
> On Sep 15, 2008, at 3:37 PM, "Josh Coffman" <joshcoffman at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >   Does anyone have an opinion for open source hosting sites?  I
> > started (but abandoned) a project on googlecode, and it worked
> > fine.  I'm re-doing some open source stuff I work on and want to
> > consolidate and relocate it.  Now that codeplex supports subversion
> > without installed svnbridge locally, I can consider it. Does anyone
> > have experience or opinion about any of these?
>
> I may be slightly bias but I really like Launchpad. The fact that you
> get GNU Bazaar hosting instead of SVN is important to me. Plus the bug
> tracker is easier to use.

I had to go read about Bazaar, as I hadn't heard of it before.
Interesting.

For the curious about version control, especially distributed version
control, I found
http://versioncontrolblog.com/comparison/Arch/Bazaar/Darcs/Mercurial/Monotone/index.html
to be interesting.

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/