[PLUG-Devel] Suspending Devel Meeting (Was:Re: Presenter needed for November 6th Meeting)

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Wed Nov 5 18:11:00 MST 2008

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 12:18 PM, Alan Dayley <alandd at consultpros.com> wrote:
> We have no presentation lined up for the meeting in two days.  I don't
> think it helps to "make stuff up" on the evening of the meeting.  The
> quality of the discussion is usually very good but we don't attract
> attendees without planned topics.
>
> I propose the following:
>
> - The PLUG Developer Meeting will be suspended for the months of
> November, December and January.
> - During the suspension we will discuss and form a team of three
> people, including myself or not, to run our Developer Meeting.
> - Then we will open the new year in February with a great line-up and
> a sustainable meeting infrastructure!
>
> (I added January to the suspension because the first Thursday is the
> 1st, which I don't think will be well attended.)
>
> Any strong objection to this plan?  The meeting on Thursday can be a
> discussion of this plan or be the beginning of the suspension period.

In the absence of objections, the plan will proceed as outlined.

Please discuss the future of the PLUG Developer Meeting here in this email list.

One person has already expressed off-list the desire to be on the team
that supports the meeting.  I'd love to have more people involved in
the discussion, even if you don't plan to be on the team.

Thanks!