[PLUG-Devel] Suspending Devel Meeting (Was:Re: Presenter needed for November 6th Meeting)

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Tue Nov 4 12:18:01 MST 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 10:42 PM, Alan Dayley <alandd at consultpros.com> wrote:
> We have 2 weeks to the next PLUG Developer Meeting.  Who would like to
> present something to the group?

We have no presentation lined up for the meeting in two days.  I don't
think it helps to "make stuff up" on the evening of the meeting.  The
quality of the discussion is usually very good but we don't attract
attendees without planned topics.

I propose the following:

- The PLUG Developer Meeting will be suspended for the months of
November, December and January.
- During the suspension we will discuss and form a team of three
people, including myself or not, to run our Developer Meeting.
- Then we will open the new year in February with a great line-up and
a sustainable meeting infrastructure!

(I added January to the suspension because the first Thursday is the
1st, which I don't think will be well attended.)

Any strong objection to this plan?  The meeting on Thursday can be a
discussion of this plan or be the beginning of the suspension period.