[PLUG-Devel] INSTALL FEST

Lisa Kachold l_iesa at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 26 16:42:21 MST 2008

Okay, Campers and Kiddies!  INSTALL FEST - Get your Geek ON!

BRING Your USB 2.0 JumpDrives to the PLUG LINUX INSTALL FEST and build
your own persistent USB bootable thumbdrive to use on any Windows
System!

Reference:  http://www.pendrivelinux.com/2007/01/25/usb-x-ubuntu-610/

I will be "manning" <ahem!> the Installfest this Saturday while Alexander is out of town!

EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE:

I bring and setup a wireless network.  And for those who have only
ethernet, and need wifi network card assistance there will be a
LinkSys, a Netgear Pro VPN Wifi Router, a hub, 3 PCMCIA network cards
[Cisco, LinkSys and Netgear] , ethernet cables for test and build
purposes.

For research my Dell Latitude Pentium II Laptop will be available using
Ubuntu ppp kernel hack for USB EDVO Wireless Sprint Card.

I will also have an external USB CDROM, which can be used for Knoppix
dd type installations image (across the network or via NFS mount to
another machine) with a DVD drive or existing image.

Be sure to download and burn your Linux installation media after checking/researching equipment compatibility in advance!

 I will also bring my Install Media Library (Use at your own risk):

* = CD's (all others are DVDs)

OpenSuse 10.3*

Gentoo 2006.1

Knoppix 5.0

ZenWalk 2.8

OpenSolaris/*Solaris 10*

Elive

Dyne*

RHEL 5.1 x86_32*

Mandriva 2008 [Xterm difficult for some cards]

Mandriva One Metisse

Ubuntu 7.10*

Ubuntu Enterprise Server 7

StartCom Enterprise Linux 5

PCLinuxOs

CentOs 4.3/5.0*

JumpBox and Trixbox*

More...

Here's the official announcement:

PLUG Linux Install Fest

Topics: Bring your computer to get Linux installed,
get help with some configuration issue, learn about Linux or help
others. Great fun!

When: LAST Saturday of each month at 10:00AM to 4:00PM

Where: The University of Advancing Technology, 2625 W. Baseline Road Tempe, AZ 85283-1056

SEE YOU THERE!