[PLUG-Devel] Sequential Record Processing in Bash

Joey Prestia joey at linuxamd.com
Sat Sep 22 18:55:20 MST 2007

I am trying to write a bash script and in it I pull records with cut and
wc -l to give me the number of records I need to process because the
file is a csv file that changes often. What I need to do is be able to
go through this list one line at a time and process each line in
numerous ways and I can't figure out how to increment my processing one
line at a time example after I cut the data out this is my file

website1
website2
website3
website4
website5

now I need to use wget to go to each website but I can't figure out how
to pull one website at a time from this file? And then go to the next I
heard that I might be able to use awk but still don't know how do do it.

Thanks

--
Joey Prestia
Joey at linuxamd.com