[PLUG-Devel] Hi all

der.hans PLUG at LuftHans.com
Mon Sep 10 00:20:56 MST 2007

Am 09. Sep, 2007 schwätzte Alan Dayley so:

> IE History:
> - Netscape is THE browser of choice.
> - MSFT finally catches on that the Internet is a big deal.
> - MSFT pours money and brains into making a better browser than Netscape.

Was there a real attempt to make a better browser? It seems to me that the
real attempt was always to make a more proprietary browser with lockin to
MSFT.

In light of the MSFT vs. employees thread, I will explicitly say I'm
talking about business decisions and methods, not efforts by individual
engineers or engineering teams. In the end, it's the business methods that
matter.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Motorräder töten nicht. Motorräder werden getötet.