[PLUG-Devel] ruby on rails on fedora

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Fri Sep 7 10:20:10 MST 2007

On Fri, Sep 07, 2007 at 10:13:06AM -0700, Josh Coffman wrote:
>   Does anyone have any experience doing Ruby on Rails on linux, or Fedora
> specifically? I'm trying to setup my Fedora 7 box to learn Ruby on Rails. So
> I'm looking to 1) setup rails, which I think I've done correctly and 2)
> start learning from tutorials/blogs/screencasts.

I'm sure others can offer more specific advice, but you shouldn't run
into any (or very many) issues. From what I've seen, most RoR happens on
Linux servers, though development happens on Mac more often than not.
But it's all very much like the installation/usage examples on the
various sites.

Also, do not forget that there are various meetings around town for this
kind of thing. Namely:

http://www.azonrails.org/
http://rubyaz.org/groups/prug/

and less specific...

http://www.refactorphoenix.com/
http://www.refreshphoenix.org/

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/