[PLUG-Devel] Planning next meeting: Linux PDAs

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Wed Jul 4 22:45:02 MST 2007

Alan Dayley wrote:
> I just checked our proposed topic schedule.  The July 5th meeting was
> suggested to be experience reports on PDAs that run Linux.
>
> I have used such a PDA.  It is a Sharp Zaurus SL-5600.  Since getting my
> notebook I have not used it much.  I better get it cranked back up.

I have been playing with my Zaurus.  I can install several ROMs on it.
I still don't have VNC configured to show the screens on the projector
at the meeting but maybe I'll accomplish that by tomorrow evening.

I don't see how just my experience with the PDA will make a very long
presentation.  And, I have not personally ever tried to write any code
for the device.  That doesn't make for too much of a "Developer"
experience.  We could explore the PDA build tools together as part of
our meeting.

Is anyone else planning to bring a Linux based PDA or even some other
Linux based small device to show and/or talk about?

There will be giveaways at the meeting.