[PLUG-Devel] Successful Saturday chores with Scrum!

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Mon Dec 17 22:43:09 MST 2007

Or, at least, some of Scrum.

I have been studying the project management framework called "Scrum."  I
am working to get people using it at my employment.  But, since it makes
such sense to me, I thought I'd try some of it's principles at home!

The central point of communication within the framework is a "team
board" where the Scrum team keeps track of what is going on and who is
doing what.  I setup a team board in the dining room for our use.  As we
progressed, I took photos of the team board state.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alandd/sets/72157603489198181/

The first photo of the set has the basic explanation of how we worked
it.  We got all the chores done in about 2 hours with very little
argument or distraction.  It was a great Saturday!

To learn more about the full definition of Scrum and it's business use,
the Wikipedia article is a good starting point,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrum_%28development%29 or grab this PDF
http://www.softhouse.se/Uploades/Scrum_eng_webb.pdf