[PLUG-Devel] JOB: Ruby on Rails Developer

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Fri Aug 31 17:09:48 MST 2007

On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 06:53:09PM -0400, alexanderhenry at cox.net wrote:
> I've been in an outbound sales position since December of 2006, and I
> have made my revenue numbers for the first time this quarter.
>
> Derek, I want to ask you an honest question which I would ask any
> client who has, say, had me take the time to do three $50,000+ quotes
> but never converted to an order.
>
> Why has this position been open for more than two years?  Are you
> expanding?
>
> What are your real expectations in a relationship between yourself and
> a developer?
>
> Tell me about the last three developers who have held this position.
>
> Your honesty is appreciated, Derek.

I'm sure Derek can and will speak for himself. But if you check the
staff pages at Intergrum over time you'll see a growing number of
developers, some of which have enough reuptation that it's hard to think
they're working there if it's not a good environment.

Claimer: I have nothing to do with Integrum whatsoever, and I don't know
Derek any better than any of you who have met him at meetings, as I
have.

--
Darrin Chandler            |  Phoenix BSD User Group  |  MetaBUG
dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://phxbug.org/      |  http://metabug.org/