[PLUG-Devel] Latest Word on Content Managers?

der.hans PLUG at LuftHans.com
Wed Aug 29 13:44:14 MST 2007

Am 28. Aug, 2007 schwätzte Joseph Sinclair so:

moin moin,

See. He has suggestions just like I said he would ;-).

> The two most prominent Java CMS choices, IIRC, were Hippo CMS (http://www.hippocms.org) and OpenCms (http://www.opencms.org).  Both are immensely capable.  Hippo may require a bit more setup, but it is also simpler.  OpenCms is a pretty quick setup, but it has so much capability that it may take a bit more work to get it trimmed down to fit your needs.
>
> For something dead-simple, a Wiki is often the best choice.  Some options for this include:
> VQWiki (Very Quick Wiki) http://www.vqwiki.org/
> XWiki (Application wiki, very powerful) http://www.xwiki.org

I agree that a wiki can work quite well. It just depends on what your
actual needs are and whether or not people can get into using and updating
a wiki.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "Science is like sex: sometimes something useful comes out, but
#  that is not the reason we are doing it." -- Richard Feynman