[PLUG-Devel] Planning the September "Robots" topic

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Fri Aug 24 07:41:56 MST 2007

Alan Dayley wrote:

> So far I'm the only one thinking about this.

So far I'm still the only one thinking about this.  At least publicly.

> What do we want this presentation to be?
>
> A. A robot tournament?

We are now less than two weeks from the meeting date.  I think it's too
late to do a tournament.  So, that's out.

> B. A walk through/demo of the Robocode environment and robots, samples
> or personally developed.

There is still time for this one if a person to do it steps forward.

> C. A "learn together" stumble through the Robocode stuff so we can
> perhaps create a robot together.

Creating a robot together appeals to me.  However, this depends on at
least a few of us being somewhat familiar with doing it.  Anyone willing
to commit to coming to the meeting a bit prepared?

> D. Do some other topic.

Which would be?

> E. Some other idea?

Which is?

We need to announce the topic for the September 6th meeting ASAP.  What
do we want to do: Robocode or something else?