[PLUG-Devel] identify an anonymous user

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 23 09:53:29 MST 2006

  My environment will be ms based with IIS, but I get
better help from you guys than the MS crowd, so I'm
asking.

  Someone else came to me with this end goal: a web
app with internet and intranet based users. If the
user is on the intranet, don't prompt for login. If
the user is coming from the internet, prompt for
login.

  If you have a web set to anonymous only, what amount
if information about the user will you be able to get
from an http request? (header information, etc)

  On an Intranet with anonymous only, how realiably
can a user be identified? Or at all?

Thanks
Josh

-j