Next meeting and Arrowfest

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Tue Oct 25 09:28:51 MST 2005

The next Devel Meeting is scheduled for Thursday, November 3rd.  We still
need a presenter [Hint!] but the meeting will be held as planned.
However, I was taken to task last year when I did not inform the group
about the Arrowfest that happened on the same day as a Devel Meeting.

Arrow is a major distributor of electronic parts, etc.
(http://www.arrow.com/)  Each year for the last few years they hold a
conference of sorts with some technical presentations, vendor booths with
give-aways and free food.  The focus of the presenations and the vendors
are mostly on electronic design (components, enclosures, design tools,
etc.) and a bit on emebedded software, including Linux from some vendors.
It is held this year, as last, at the Point Hilton South Mountain Resort,
across Baseline Road from Fry's Electronics.  This year's fest will be on
November 3rd during the day and into the evening.

I only point this out, not as an endorsement of Arrow or the fest, but
just to avoid being taken to task again.  If you are interested in
attending, go here: http://www.arrowfest.com  (PLUG is not directly
associated nor affiliated with Arrow.)

I will be attending some of the sessions through the day and trying to get
at the free food and give-aways before coming back to the office for the
meeting.   Depending on how that goes, I may cut the time close as I come
back.  I will bring some give-aways (hopefully something nicer than just
pens) to hand out for the meeting drawing.

Now you know so don't say I didn't tell you.