Who's who?

Joseph Sinclair plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Tue Mar 29 18:13:02 2005

--------------070308030709000801040604

Alan Dayley wrote:

>>I would believe this to be a must, not only should we be tracking our
>>volunteers, but also relating them to skill sets, donations, etc.  Think
>>of how easy it would be come March of next year when all you have to do
>>is query your database to generate charitable donation receipts (I know,
>>I think like an accountant ;)
>>

>Just to be clear here: PLUG is not a legal entity and does not track
>donations or funds of any kind.  Anything of value given to the group is
>not tracked.  PLUG does not accept cash or any instruments of money since
>we have no entity, structure or policy to handle it.

I don't remember seeing any donations being solicited at installfests
anyway.  Remember, donated time is not deductible, the IRS views your
time as a $0 value donation, so you get no deduction for it.

That said, once AZOTO is able to accept donations, I can certainly see
them having a donations-requested box at the installfests as a way for
people to express their appreciation for the help they receive at the
event...

>That said, tracking who can do what is a good idea that has been bounced
>around for some time.  It would have many purposes even beyond the group.
>For example, Thrum would like to setup a list of people knowledgeable is
>various subjects that could be guest lecturers at SCC or other community
>college campuses (campi?).

I agree.  It would be a very good idea to have the software support
tracking who does what, or at least support that.  It provides benefits
to installfests, it also would prove useful in a number of other venue
situations where this system may, eventually, find use.  I'll keep a
note on this item so we can create a story card for it.

>>In addition, we should also track our customers (ie. those that come to
>>installfest for help)  As accurate information will lead to increased
>>funding (I am missing out on a bunch of funding because I have no
>>information on who has been coming to our ASU installfests, -- Then
>>again, I have very little info on the ASULUG members as well)
>>

>Again, funding is not the goal.  Helping new "customers" is an excellent
>goal.

Another story card idea.  Keep 'em coming.

>Alan

==Joseph++

--------------070308030709000801040604

<head>
</head>
Alan Dayley wrote:
 cite="mid2057.209.181.109.19.1112126533.squirrel@mail.consultpros.com"
 type="cite">
    <pre wrap="">I would believe this to be a must, not only should we be tracking our
volunteers, but also relating them to skill sets, donations, etc.  Think
of how easy it would be come March of next year when all you have to do
is query your database to generate charitable donation receipts (I know,
I think like an accountant ;)
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Just to be clear here: PLUG is not a legal entity and does not track
donations or funds of any kind.  Anything of value given to the group is
not tracked.  PLUG does not accept cash or any instruments of money since
we have no entity, structure or policy to handle it.
  </pre>
I don't remember seeing any donations being solicited at installfests
anyway.&nbsp; Remember, donated time is not deductible, the IRS views your
time as a $0 value donation, so you get no deduction for it.<br>
That said, once AZOTO is able to accept donations, I can certainly see
them having a donations-requested box at the installfests as a way for
people to express their appreciation for the help they receive at the
event...<br>
 cite="mid2057.209.181.109.19.1112126533.squirrel@mail.consultpros.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">
That said, tracking who can do what is a good idea that has been bounced
around for some time.  It would have many purposes even beyond the group.
For example, Thrum would like to setup a list of people knowledgeable is
various subjects that could be guest lecturers at SCC or other community
college campuses (campi?).

  </pre>
I agree.&nbsp; It would be a very good idea to have the software support
tracking who does what, or at least support that.&nbsp; It provides benefits
to installfests, it also would prove useful in a number of other venue
situations where this system may, eventually, find use.&nbsp; I'll keep a
note on this item so we can create a story card for it.<br>
 cite="mid2057.209.181.109.19.1112126533.squirrel@mail.consultpros.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap=""></pre>
    <pre wrap="">In addition, we should also track our customers (ie. those that come to
installfest for help)  As accurate information will lead to increased
funding (I am missing out on a bunch of funding because I have no
information on who has been coming to our ASU installfests, -- Then
again, I have very little info on the ASULUG members as well)
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Again, funding is not the goal.  Helping new "customers" is an excellent
goal.
  </pre>
Another story card idea.&nbsp; Keep 'em coming.<br>
 cite="mid2057.209.181.109.19.1112126533.squirrel@mail.consultpros.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">
Alan