Prior Art

plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu Mar 24 13:05:03 2005

<Snip>
Flipping quickly through the presentation I see the following difficulties
that don't fit for PLUG:

* Lots of API documentation.
[Lots of writing and tight coordination within the development team
<End Snip>

Some how I believe that without copious API maps and documentation all
projects are doomed to fail.  If you map your APIs to begin with, then
multiply codes can easily work in parallel, and documentation can and should
be done while writing the code (ie. JAVA Doc)  In addition, projects would not
be able to easily grow and expand without this documentation we would soon end
up spending more time rewriting the writing..

<Snip>
The alure of the Event Planner is that it can start small, supporting a
simple InstallFest, and grow if the interest is keen from there.  It also
initially "scratches the itch" of the group by making something PLUG does
easier.
<End Snip>

I fully agree with this statement, that is why scope and deliverable goals are
so important.

<Snip>
I certainly like the general presentation.  You seem to have covered all
the bases and are thinking the entire thing through.  I don't want to
douse your flame of enthusiasm and encourage you to pursue the project
how you see fit.  Just providing my first blush opinion.
<End Snip>

I also agree with this statement, well done indeed.