Corrected: Ann: Devel Meeting, Thursday, October 7th

Jared Anderson plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat Oct 2 15:29:02 2004

####################
On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 15:08:45 -0700, Alan Dayley <alandd@consultpros.com> sai=
d:

#This corrects a formating issue that could cause some confusion on the top=
ic. =20
#Sorry for any inconvenience.
#
#Alan
#
#PLUG Devel Meeting is on Thursday, October 7th.
#
#What: PLUG Developer Meeting
#When: Thursday, October 7, 2004 at 7:00 PM
#Where: Adtron Corporation
#4415 E. Cotton Center Blvd., Suite 100
#Phoenix, AZ 85040
#Topic: Linux Programming using C++
#
#Rob Wehrli presents Linux Programming using C++. =A0This introductory level
#presentation will familiarize attendees on the steps necessary to write,
#compile, link and debug C++ programs using GNU/Linux, gcc and gdb.
#
#Rob will explore the topic by touching upon:
#
## A brief history of C++ and Object Oriented Programming
## Common C++ file extensions recognized by program editors
## Writing C++ program files
## General C++ program design and architecture
## Basic C++ class design
## C++ operations and attributes
## Simple UML notation of a simple C++ class hierarchy
## Compiling C++ shared and static libraries
## Using C++ libraries from C programs
## Stepping through a C++ program using gdb/ddd
## Using standard C++ containers in a program
## Next steps for those interested in furthering their knowledge of C++
#
#The meeting will be held at Adtron. =A0Wired internet access available if
#the group brings a hub or switch. =A0I am working on wireless access but I
#think it will be available too! =A0See the Meeting FAQ on the website for
#full directions:
#
#http://plug.phoenix.az.us/modules.php?op=3Dmodload&name=3DFAQ&file=3Dindex=
&myfaq=3Dyes&id_cat=3D3&categories=3DPLUG+Meetings&parent_id=3D0#27
#
#Be carefull with the MapQuest.com map, linked below and in the FAQ. =A0It
#shows the location star in the wrong place.
#
#http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=3DUS&countryid=3DUS&addtohist=
ory=3D&searchtype=3Daddress&cat=3D&address=3D4415%20E%20Cotton%20Center%20B=
lvd&city=3DPhoenix&state=3DAZ&zipcode=3D85040%2d8854&search=3D%20%20Search%=
20%20&searchtab=3Daddress
#
#The building is actually more east and south of the star shown. =A0Just tu=
rn
#in the driveway on the south side of the traffic circle with the big
#fountain and you'll see the building on the right. =A0The front door is on
#the east side of the building, south of the big Adtron logo up high on the
#east wall.
#
#I'll have some new O'Reilly books on programming for door prizes.