apt feature request

der.hans plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Thu Sep 25 23:37:02 2003

moin, moin,

for a project I'm working on I need the APT tools to handle http redirects (
301 and/or 302 ), but it doesn't.

A couple of wishlist bugs have been submitted, but the APT team isn't
interested in adding this feature. I think I can convince them to accept a
patch once the work's been done, though.

I've spent a little time trying to figure it out, but I wasn't able to get
anywhere. I'm certain I can eventually get it working ( it'll be at least a
few weeks before I can put in the time I would need, though ), but I'm not
completely confident I can get it done correctly.

So, I'm asking if anyone here would create a patch that would add this for
me :).

I've put the most recent source up on my site to simplify grabbing it.

https://www.LuftHans.com/tmp/apt_0.5.14.tar.gz

Getting apt-get to handle redirects is what I need. In the end it would be
good for all of the apt tools that do http requests to get the fix, it's not
required for my purposes.

danke,

der.hans
#  We now return you to your regularly scheduled paranoia...