Ann: Monday's meeting

Alan Dayley plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed May 28 23:04:02 2003

Deepak sent me the following abstract for next Monday's meeting.

What: PLUG Devel meeting
Where: Adtron Corporation, 3710 E. University Dr., Suite 4, Phoenix, AZ  85034
When: Monday, June 3rd at 19:00 (7:00 PM)

Monta Vista will be providing pizza and soft drinks!
---------------------
2.6 Kernel Migration: A Kernel Hacking Perspective

In this presentation we will cover the changes in 2.6 kernel that impact
kernel developers and those who write applications that interface directly
with kernel sub-systems.  Topics will include new driver APIs, revamped APIs,
the preemtible-kernel, and a close look at the new Linux Driver Model and the
accompanying sysfs interface. Even if you're not a kernel person, this might
be of interest if you want to learn a bit more about kernel hacking or the
upcoming 2.6 kernel.

The meeting is sponsored by MontaVista Software, Inc. and pizza and pop will
be provided.

About the Speaker

Deepak Saxena is a software engineer at MontaVista Software, Inc. whose main
job duties are porting and maintaining the Linux kernel and drivers on
several Intel XScale CPU variants. Before joining MV, he worked at Intel
developing the I2O stack for Linux and also working on VxWorks and Windows NT
network device drivers. In a previous life, Deepak did Windows GUI apps
development. His favorite editor is vi.

About MontaVista Software, Inc.

MontaVista Software is a leading global supplier of systems software for
intelligent connected devices and associated infrastructure. MontaVista
powers the embedded revolution by providing GNU/Linux-based open-source
software solutions. Founded in 1999 by real-time operating system (RTOS)
pioneer James Ready, MontaVista offers a family of products under the
MontaVista Linux umbrella that address broad-based software developer needs
encompassing applications ranging from communications infrastructure to
consumer electronics. Multiple editions of MontaVista Linux are available -
including Professional, Consumer Electronics and Carrier Grade - along with
complementary technology products providing powerful Java and graphics
development capabilities.

For more info about MontaVista Software, please visit http://www.mvista.com

~Deepak