Need help with SourcdForge

Rob Wehrli plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sat Apr 5 13:55:03 2003

In my experience with Putty, which is reasonably extensive, it just
works.  I don't know what Windows XE is, but if you mean XP, I haven't
tried it on that platform.

As a note, you'll find that Putty  (SSH) isn't really as intuitive as
all that...

Type in a hostname
Click the SSH radio button
Click the Save button
Click on the hostname in the combo box of saved sessions
Click the Open button (or just double click the hostname)

Answer Yes when prompted, if you have not previously connected to the
particular host
Enter your username and password when prompted

Be sure to "Load" a session and then "Open" it or modify it.  If you
modify it, "Save" it before "Open"ing it to keep the changes.

I will be at the dev meeting on Monday and perhaps can answer your
questions.

I strongly recommend using Linux for your Internet connection purposes
then share the connection with your other boxes :)

Take Care.

Rob!