Fwd: Devel topic

Rob Wehrli plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon Mar 25 22:20:02 2002

Alan Dayley wrote:

> Here is the (semi) private message on the Devel topic.  Everyone now knows as
> much as I know.
>
> Alan

> Subject: Re: Devel topic
> Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 01:10:50 -0700 (MST)
> From: "der.hans" <PLUG@LuftHans.com>
> To: alandd@mindspring.com
> Cc: Jim <farli@unitywave.com>
>
> Am 20. Mar, 2002 schwätzte alandd@mindspring.com so:
> > We are having a meeting on April 1.  Hans had one or two possible
> > presenters on the line but I have not heard of any confirmations.
> >
> > How about it, Hans?
>
> Austin from ASULUG has agreed to do a talk on intercepting shared library
> function calls and system calls. I confirmed tonight at the ASULUG meeting
> and he's gonna get me a description of what he's gonna cover.

Any chance we can get even a one paragraph spew on what this covers?
Just my luck it will be "intercepting shared library and system calls
using Ruby!"  (That's a joke!) Is it me, or am I the only one who would
appreciate a bit of an "announcement" with at least a modest content
description before deciding to drive 35-45 minutes each way on a Monday
night?  Of course, don't do it for me, since I'll probably be at the
DBacks season opener--especially since I bought season tickets...but,
hey, just in case anyone else might consider going if perchance the
announcement was more appetite whetting than sliding down a 50' razor
blade...I'm not talking about marketing dribble and going off the deep
end or even suggesting a master's thesis outline, rather, a Who/What
(since the where/when are fairly well covered at this point) would be
one of those apparently pointless niceties...please excuse me if this
encroaches upon borderline professionalism, but if we're going to the
trouble to do it, why not do it for at least our own benefit? :)

Take Care.

Rob!