C header files????

plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed Jul 3 16:50:02 2002

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 06:18:42PM -0400, Carl Parrish wrote:
> Yeap that's what I was afraid of. If that's the standard location then
> that means that I don't have them. For RH 7.3 where should I find them to
> install on my box? I still have the three install isos but I'm not sure what
> I have to install.
>
> Carl P.

Well, doublecheck with rpm to make sure that the RH kernel-headers rpm is
installed. Failing that, try checking for headers in /usr/include/linux,
/usr/include/src and /usr/src/linux/include. Failing that, try pulling down
a kernel-headers rpm from one of redhat's ftp sites. Finally, failing that,
try pulling down a tarball of a recent 2.4 kernel from ftp.kernel.org,
untarring it in /usr/src and doing a 'make config |yes ""'.

--
Thomas "Mondoshawan" Tate
mondoshawan@tank.dyndns.org