Linux <= 128MB

Nathan England plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri Oct 5 15:19:22 2001

--=-hhIDG0pU1V0TFFTXO93l

I created a normal ext2 partition then unzipped the package on the zip
disk I used, then installed the lilo.tgz package=20

installpkg lilo.tgz -root /mnt/zip  <or wherever you want the root to
be..>

You could just install slack on it and only install the a1, ap1, and n1
packages that you want..

ofcourse, a debian base install should work as well.

Can you boot off a cd to install this, or do you need floppies?
Slack 7.1 would be the way I'd go if you need floppies, otherwise I'd go
with slack 8 if you can do it with a cd..
I even have a couple cds to give out..

nathan

On Fri, 2001-10-05 at 15:06, Alan Dayley wrote:
>=20
> Looks interesting.  However, this uses loadlin to "boot" Linux after DOS
> has already booted.  The purpose of my need requires that I "truely" boot
> Linux from the MBR.  I can't boot DOS first.
>=20
> Alan
>=20

--=20
"I guess I'll never forget her. And maybe I don't want to. Her spirit
was wild, like a wild monkey. Her beauty was like a beautiful horse
being ridden by a wild monkey. I forget her other qualities."
		--Jack Handley, The New Mexican
			1988

--=-hhIDG0pU1V0TFFTXO93l

--=-hhIDG0pU1V0TFFTXO93l--