vi / perl question

Carl Parrish plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed Nov 28 11:02:01 2001

Hey everyone,
I'm working with a CGI application. Its writting to a flat file db. The
flat file reades each line as a new record. Well in one of the fields
the user can type in a enter. Which of course screws with reading the
flat file. So I thought I'd just substutie the enters with another
delimiter. Piece of cake. Only I don't seem to be able to find the
enters. I thought doing a search for either "\n" or "\r" would do it but
so far no luck. (In vi here is the command :%s/\n/:::/g ). Is there
another escape char I should be looking for? Or should I try the hex code?

Thanks,
Carl