First Meeting Content/Agenda...

Victor Odhner plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Sun Jul 15 06:37:01 2001

I'd like to see an analysis of available and missing technology under Linux, relevant to making Linux a viable alternative to the Microsoft desktop monopoly.  Then I'd like to actually contribute some effort to a project that fills in some needed strength.  (I'm really getting worried about the
publishing industry's push to own everything and make serfs of all computer and content users.)

Voting for a Subject:  I am open to anything that will help me become more familiar with Linux programming, but I'd love to see us take on an exercise that might actually produce code to strengthen the Free Software product set! Another possible subject is the nuts'n bolts of contributing to a Free
Software project, which might be best accomplished by someone setting up a dummy FS project and letting us actually check out and submit code.

Vic

Who is this guy:  I'm a batch applications coder with 33 years mostly in the electronics industry, currently working under Solaris mainly with Perl CGIs under Apache, but I understand operating systems, am good in C (and a bunch of older languages) and have coded to the bare metal once or twice.