First Meeting Content/Agenda...

Douglas Jerome plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Fri Jul 13 19:00:02 2001

For the project, I suggest collecting the sort of programing things
of interest and then devise a project that would use these things. As
opposed to the other way around.

Maybe collect the topics that people would be interested in having
"classes" and then see if others have experience in that area and
could make a presentation.

POSIX programming: IPC, timers, etc.are an area that I would
like to learn more.

I personally am interested in how the kernel starts up, what does
the loader do, where do the kernel parameters go from the loader
and how they get into the kernel. What does the load module (kernel
file) look like and what controls are there for it so as to make
it use the physical memory you have (say in an embedded system).
Though, this might not be what most would think of as a pure
developer's subject.

That's my $0.02.