I'm interested!

Rob Wehrli plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Wed Jul 11 16:13:01 2001

It sounds as if it is at an IBM facility located at Thomas and Central.  If
I were to pick a recurring date, I'd aim for third Monday of each month.

> I'm another guy that's interested. Could someone be more clear
> about WHERE and WHEN?
>
> And for Rob Wehrli: C++ is my vote.

C++ is a good choice for languages, any comment on topic?  Mechanics?
Design/Architecture?  Libraries?  3rd party tools?  C++ is a very broad
topic!

Someday, it would be fun to talk about some of cool things we could do as a
group to demonstrate distributed systems using OO and related technologies.
Perhaps we could all decide on a game idea using OpenGL and implement its
various facets using a distributed model where everyone who comes online
adds a piece to the puzzle in a cool way?  We define an object model and
interface specification for interactive objects (or borrow from an existing
standard) and a suitable class library and bang out a few pieces?  As the
pieces grow, so does the capability of the game...then, as more people get
involved through the 'net, more objects flow back into the library/server
components?

Just a thought...

Take Care.

Rob!