update please

Alan Dayley plug-devel@lists.PLUG.phoenix.az.us
Mon Dec 10 20:05:02 2001

Good point, Nige.  Let's not do the "talk big and go do nothing" thing with
this project.

As I remember:
- A CVS repository (and website?) on a Sequoia box was to be set up.  Any
progress there?
- Someone was to come up with some kind of requirements or specification
document so individuals could follow something together.  Is this in
progress?  Was it you, Hans?  If you are too busy, speak up and let someone
else step forward.
- There were several offers of actual work (even if some wanted to do it in
Java).  Is someone coordinating this?  Perhaps the CVS master should
coordinate so repository access can be controlled properly.

As a side note, I have been making some progress laying some ground work for
some school administration software.  I did not present on this last meeting
because I think, for now, the test software is more important.  Suffice it to
say that there is a school adminitration package out there in open source
that looks good.  It was written by a team in Brazil and so is all in
portugese still.  Since I know portugese, I am helping evaluate it as a base
to do an open source school administration package.

But don't let that distract from the test software.  That is the key to some
grand plans and good work that can be done for schools all over this planet!

Alan